View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 04:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi All

I am very glad to have found this thread. I had my first p-stim treatment started at 3pm yesterday. It is now 5am (I should be sleeping.) On the drive home from the center, I immediately began getting a headache. I came home and took a nap, although I have no idea how I slept then with this thing poking me. I am currently in my third "on cycle" and it woke me up from a dead sleep. I was not able to fall asleep until after 12am, when my last "on cycle" ended. Through the on cycles, I have had a significant increase in my anxiety and I begin sweating profusely. The pulsing on my ear is painful and annoying to the point of desperation. There's really no point in trying to sleep anymore as I would have to get up at 6am anyway (go figure- just as it will turn off.)
I have read many many health related sites, reading threads of people dealing with medical and pain issues such as mine, however, I was never moved to actually join the site and respond in a thread. The reason I joined this one is to try to add to the above mentioned lack of helpful info regarding the p-stim treatment. I was also frustrated by the lack of unbiased information since I am alarmed at this inability to sleep plus the anxiety is almost unbearable. I finally found a site *admin edit* which seem to suggest that I may be overstimulated. I am not yet in enough despair to throw in the towel on this procedure. I may, however, cut this one bothersome lead off if it continues to agitate me so. I am- as I'm sure are the rest of you- willing to try just about anything to be out of my chronic back pain- including a second back surgery, which at 33, I am trying to put off as long as possible. I do also have the same concern as the person who started this thread. I am afraid of this working too well that I will injure my spine further with no pain sensors. I will continue to post here if I have anything new to share. Thank You

Last edited by Chemar; 08-10-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: sorry but newly joined members are not allowed any type of links/website redirects
schwej01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-23-2014)