Thread: Patent Reform
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default Patents

"In the letter, the organizations expressed concern that provisions of "The Patent Reform Act of 2007" (H.R. 1908/S. 1145) pose serious threats to medical innovation and American technological leadership"

What? America cannot share its technological leadership worldwide? I wasn't aware that American's suffer more than underdeveloped countries. Is American biotechnology more concerned about American's disabled rather than humankind. Are they afraid of a little competition from other countries more willing to openly exchange information? The federal government needs to look to building trust with other countries as far as medical innovation and technology and information be shared, not decrease the trust.

The only purpose of patent's is to close off competition. Some biological information, such as DNA, cannot be patented but must remain open to all mankind as all man has DNA or genes. The good of humankind should triumph over American bio tech industry "leadership." No wonder so many countries hate America. Patents are a selfish, "me, me, me" concept and allows for no sharing of information.

American technological leadership? What about technological worldwide leadership? Just imagine the possibilities?

Vicky Lynn
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote