View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie33 View Post
My Doctor doesnt want to increase my dose, he thinks the sideeffects outweigh the benefits! I feel the same. I think its time to cut back on Lyrica. I have a script for 25mgs to start titrating.

So my "dilemna " scares me to death for three reasons. My pain may get worse. I do not have a back up med for my pain. And the withdrawal symptoms . I knew withdrawal from Lyrica could get bad, but I guess I didnt realise how bad until I read your post!
Hi Marie,

IMO, your worst enemy here is fear itself, and you may be putting the cart before the horse. Everyone is different; not everyone experiences severe withdrawal effects when tapering off Lyrica, and many can taper off of it within a relatively short period of time.

Sure, it's scary to read the horror stories, but it's the people who've experienced the worst that seek support and post their stories/complaints, and in many instances, there is incomplete information (e.g. substance abuse, medication interactions, exaggeration, faulty memories, comorbid conditions, details re: discontinuation, etc.) Those who taper with little/no problems don't need support, and hence aren't likely to post their uneventful experiences. This results in a skewed perspective.

Getting Off Lyrica Without Problems; Minimize Side Effects

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hana (04-03-2014), Pika428 (05-31-2016)