Old 08-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Mari...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Sleep would help whatever is happening but on the other hand lack of sleep might be the lion's share of the problem.
Well, sleep helped. I apparently needed more sleep than my recent-usual (once I finally got sleepy, lol), so perhaps that did contribute some.

Quote:
It stinks that you were doing your writing and feeling o.k. enough and now you are not.
Yeah, and this was food for thought. I was more than o.k. writing, I was doing great. I ate and watched evening tv - still happy dappy. Then, I surfed youtube for several hours. Kablammy! Hmmm.... what was I doing on youtube?

I watched swimming videos -- various kinds, including coaching and tips, pool etiquette, and olympic races. I must have done that for 2-3 hours!

WHY?! Well, I'm strongly ambivalent about my pool venture. When I launched into it I was really keen and excited. The experience was anticlimactic. I had a delayed reaction because I tried to rationalize/minimize the issues at first. Of course, things gradually sank in. Result: part of me wants to throw in the towel, but the part of me that doesn't got on youtube...

I was watching the videos to try to figure out what I might be able to fix/adapt in what I do that could make this work for me. But it was like facing the music, along with the other issues (those beyond my control) dancing in my head as well. It makes sense to me now that I'd be upset after doing that for 2-3 hours.

Quote:
Sorry. Throwing meds at it and getting some sleep can help me with this sometimes.
Well, I threw some teen tv at it and got sleepy... I got 7 hours total last night. I did wake up after 3 hours-ish but only for a minute or so.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-11-2013), Brokenfriend (08-12-2013), Dmom3005 (08-11-2013)