View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart Re: Are you angry? -- YES!!! That too!

Dear Mari

It's interesting you ask if I was angry (your post title). I think that is in this package too, yes. My anger isn't "reasonable" -- it is not based on realistic expectations, so I perhaps did not acknowledge it. But, yes:
  1. I am angry that I will have to share a lane and worry about crashing into people (more than viceversa).
  2. I am even angrier that when the pool is "busy" the lane-sharing might involve 3, 4, 6 people from what I have found out on youtube.
  3. I am angry that I don't have other alternatives for swimming.
  4. I am angry they don't have a pool with deep (can't touch bottom) end.
  5. I am angry that I don't have the whole entire pool to myself! (LOL)
  6. I am angry that I have to undress in front of people and either a) be naked in front of them or b) look stupid holding my towel with my teeth to avoid (a).
  7. I am angry that when I leave the pool with clean chlorinated feet and dedicated flip-flops, I have to walk through an ankle-deep pool of standing water. What is the point of having slippers "for hygiene reasons" if you are going to dunk them in a bath of water with your feet... and can't re-chlorinate the feet afterwards! You might say, take the flip-flops off, well that would be even worse as other people do not remove their slippers. I'm sorry, but that's just gross!
  8. I am angry that I spent all this money and will probably have to spend more just to fix things and still can't fix everything.
  9. I am angry that I spent all this money and now feel like I am pulling teeth to get something out of it.
  10. I am angry at myself for having such high expectations of a situation that I was clueless about (I'd never used a public pool before -- not even used in the U.S.)
  11. I am angry at myself for not buying a single one-day pass to check it out before I got the 10 visit package + required membership card.
  12. I am angry that I don't have a home with a large pool in my backyard for my own private and exclusive use.

Let's face it: I miss the sea.

----------------------

I'll be back to answer other posts a bit - I have to research something for my mom.

waves
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-11-2013), Brokenfriend (08-12-2013), Dmom3005 (08-11-2013), ginnie (08-11-2013)