View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Oh waves

I wish you could come visit me. The Sea, the Gulf of Mexico is at my back door. if I could transport you here I would.
I have trouble walking, so when I do go, I take a pain pill to be able to go the 127 steps to the beach. Uneven sand plays heck with my ankles. I try to go every other day either early in the morning, or in the evening when it cools enough so you don't die! The water is more like bath water. Most of the time clear enough to see 40- feet down and more. Certain times of the year, it gets that Caribbean Aqua blue. It almost hurts your eyes it is so beautiful.

Our city fathers made a big mistake, they advertised this place. Now it is nothing like it was 20 years ago. Traffic is crazy. Any place is crowded. so in some ways it is sad to see it go from a quaint place to a tourist destination that is in the top 10 in the world. According to some papers, it is #3 in back of Paris, and Hawaii.

There are good parts Waves, but as a whole way too expensive now for me to hold out here. Soon I will move inland to where I can afford the ever increasing taxes. NONE of my neighbors have insurance anymore. maybe 50% have already sold out and moved.

I try to take it in one day at a time when I can. Appreciate it for what it is in the here and now.

If you ever can take a trip, take a trip here. Even with the crowds it is worth seeing. Look it up on the internet if you care to. I wish you could be here along with all of NT folks who need the break. ginnie
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-11-2013), Brokenfriend (08-12-2013), Dmom3005 (08-12-2013), Mari (08-11-2013)