View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 02:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread...

i have been dealing with this since Feb. or March. It sound a little different, most times I am unconscious and can't be roused by anything (and I've heard they have really tried). It has happened a few times at a doc's appointment. Once I coded at a neuro appt. my heart rate has dropped as low as 17, but usually when it happens, it is around 30. One doc wants to try a pacemaker, but I'm waiting to get another opinion on that. I do start feeling just "not right"- it's hard to explain what feels wrong, but approximately 2 hours later, I am unconscious. It happened again last night, it seems to be. Once every 7-10 days. Sometimes I will have it 2 days in a row.

I have a tilt table test, as well as many other tests, and they can't duplicate it with any of the tests. When I know it's going to happen, I get some Gatorade or
Powerade, and get to a bed or couch. I have fallen several times following these episodes, and usually the following AM, my blood pressure is really low. I'm not sure if it is related to my RSD or not. My RSD is usually only the injured leg, but often times it is also the uninjured leg as well.

I also get very pale before it happens and have been sent to the hospital several times because of it. The emergency docs always think it's an overdose, so they always test for that- always comes up negative, and I get sent to the ICU. None of my docs have come up with a reason for it. I think most times it's unnecessary to go to the hospital, if I just stay in a safe place sitting or lying down, it eventually ends.

I do have an implanted device that I can activate when my heart rate gets low and it automatically detects anything under 30 and asystolic events. I have had several asystoles where my heart stops completely for 4-10 seconds. My neurologist was useless, and when I coded in his office, I found out that he never bothered checking on me and referred me to someone else in his office.

I hope everyone who is dealing with this is getting checked out by a doc and is doing ok. The original post was several years ago, so I hope things have improved for the original poster (sorry I forgot the name of the original poster) but if you read this, I hope things have improved as well.
Vaxn8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote