View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 04:33 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Allergies, neuroinflammation

Yes, I took bee venom injections on a monthly basis for about 15 years with about half those being post-dx.

I find that I very nearly hijacked this thread and apologize. I am going to leave my text here for continuity but also paste it to a new thread and allow the community to rule.

But lets not limit ourselves too quickly. If we are experiencing the effects of our own immune reaction to something in our environment, and I believe that we are, then a lot of things fall into place very quickly.

But "allergie" shots is too limited. And, if we can free up our thinking a moment we can glimpse a much greater view. What if we realize that with just one of two required "starters" available that there is nothing?

But I digress. Yes, even I.
The immune system works by spotting an intruder, taking his picture, going back to headquarters, showing the picture around and checking reords, telling everyone what a bad dude he be, and telling everyone to go into "attack mode" and execute operation "Communicate" to let the rest of us to know if he ever is seen again.

Now I admit that that is a little bit simplified. And that there is a little bit of "dopabrain" gumming up this keyboard at present. But it is true. A human being is not a frozen water droplet sitting on the deep space window sill of life. (Dopabrain warning! Seek shelter immediately!) We are actually more a walking, talking, sack of boiling chicken soup and nothing that we do is simple.

A quote from that Great American Tina Turner just before she crushed Ike like a little black beetle using only one thigh: "We don't do NOTHING easy."

I am going to try to wind this up and copy it to start another thread and not hijack this one. I have been getting stoned as s**t about this same time of day for several weeks now and I am beginning to wonder why, but now, back to our story...

The point that I am trying to make is that limiting our suspects in the emergence of PD is a major mistake because it is physically impossible for the "perps" to less than a certain number. "There had to be at least two, Sarge, to have one driving the getaway car."

We get to a solution way quicker when we stop looking at "micro-causes" (e.g. paraquat) and shift to "macro-causes" (e.g. neuroinflammation resulting from paraquat exposure). This brings us to the crux of the matter. Neuroinflammtion is observed in PD and it comes from literally dozens of origins. Anything that contributes to neuroinflammation is a "cause" and that includes dozens of factors.

Anything that triggers the primitive, innate immune system to react in a defensive manner is a "cause". (Actually, "trigger" is a much better term in this case.) And if you take a list of all the factors that have been proposed over the years as causes, you will find almost without exception that they are also on a new list of things which "trigger" the PD.

Vaccines? Of course! That one is self-evident.
But how about stress? Anxiety? That fight with the "Old Lady" last night when you slipped and called her the "Old Lady"?
Pesticide? Yep. Corn syrup? Manganese? H. pylori? A bad tooth? A UTI?

The list goes on and on. I have yet to find one single item that has showed promise as a cause that does not promote inflamation.

And, to make it interesting, the opposite holds just as firmly. All the things that make a plausible case to be a treatment for PD show themselves to be anti-inflammatory. It is plain that the link is there een if it is a bit dark to make out detail.

So, there it is. The cause. The trigger. The cure?
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
johnt (08-11-2013)