View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 11:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for all the info guys, it really helps! I've been dealing with this since 2002, so I am at the point where everything has been tried more than once. When I was treated with fentanyl & hydromorphone, I was working at the best place to do good research. I moved home to help my Mom & Dad, because my dad's alzheimer's was getting bad. I'm glad I was here for his last 2 years. The problem came with the docs here, they stopped all treatment and told me nobody in this state would treat like I was treated in Baltimore. I tried a methadone clinic because i thought it was my only option. After 5 years of dealing with the hosp & docs that stopped my treatment, I finally looked for another place, which is where I am now. My work comp people approved the first appt, then un-approved it the day before, so they haven't covered a thing with the new clinic, which started July 7th and has involved many appts.

My cardiologist said exactly what you said, that it was my body and not his choice. He uses threats of discontinuing transdermal fentanyl if i don't do stuff on his schedule. He's not even using half of what I was on, but it at least dulls the pain somewhat. I'm really not sure what to to or if I need to switch docs again. I do know I'm not going to put up with horrible treatment as long as I did with the other system. I just want to get back to work, I'm going crazy not doing anything productive!
Vaxn8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (08-15-2013)