View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 12:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default what do you have to lose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel1580 View Post
I am a 32 y/o physician with post-flu vaccine neuropathy - my sx are burning all over the body -- mainly in arms and legs for last 10 months. My extensive neuro workup has been negative, including skin biopsy for SFN.
I am not sure what to do next. I am on Neurontin 1200 mg per day, Magnesium taurate 400, vit b12/folate and vit d.

I could not tolerate the other pain meds the neurologists tried (lyrica, cymbalta etc.). I really can't be on those kind of meds b/c i have to function at work also. I am very sensitive to most medications.
The neurologist said we could do a 6 month trial of IVIG just to see.. i am not sure if this is the right course.. any thoughts?
I am open to alternative therapies.
thank you
tarheel

if your neuro can get IVIG approved for your neuropathy, do it

IVIG is the most "natural" treatment that exists today...potential benefits far outweigh any risks

symptomatic tx will NOT reboot your immune system...so why not try IVIG for 6 months?

the sooner you start IVIG, the better the prognosis...I would call your neuro right now and tell him to get you started asap....you have nothing to lose by trying it
029anser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote