View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 12:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Shunt sergury doesn't give us the out come we expect

Am asking for advice ... My father 60 years old .. Since month had weird behavior , like sleeping all day , loss his appetite so he doesn't eat at all , and then he can't walk we have to help him , and then he start to forget many things and doesn't know where he is or what the time , and strong headache , so we took him to the ER and had CT and MRI .. The doctor found there is much pressure on the brain and he need immediately shunt surgery .. So he mad it right away , at the first day after the operation he was good and his respond was fast ( as the doctor said ) and the second day was much better .after that he went to Operation room to make the adjustment , after that we see that there is deterioration , he become depressed doesn't want to eat doesn't want to do nothing just sleepy and still have some fogy memory .. The doctor keep says nothing wrong with the operation everything is sitting just right , but we still see that we just get back to square 1 .. We did all the tests for the blood and sodium and every thing is just normal . I don't know what to do
I hope if anyone can give me advice
Excuse my English
Thanks a lot for reading
Somah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote