View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 04:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I finally went to my primary care doc & told her I wanted to try Marinol. I have tried every drug percocet, ultram, opana, lyrica, neurontin savella, vicodine, morphine plus many others that didnt work and took my brain away. I tried smoking, bought a vaporizer (no smoke and less toxins), candies, baked goods, tincture oil then finally one day tried a chocolate bar that works. I only take a small chunk and the effects lasts 3-4 hours. It costs $15.00 per bar which is a little pricy but worth every penny since Im no longer on other drugs. I researched Marinol and took the info to my doc. It took me 1 week to figure out the dosage. The pills come in 2.5 mg, 5mg and 10mg. It is synthetic and is not as effective as the real stuff but for $5.00 for 90 pills it is worth it. It is normally prescribed for cancer patients (nausea) and anorexia. I am in so much pain I get physically ill and do not want to eat. My use is for pain but it helps with depression also. My insurance co pays for it and my doctor supports me because she knows how much pain I am in. One last note...I can totally function and it has calmed me down so much I am crying less and have more of an inner peace which helps me deal with this horrible disease.
shelbie4u is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (08-12-2013)