View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I think states have differing laws/rules for wc. It's been nearly 10 yrs since my claim.
Go to your state website and explore the workers comp area.

For mine , after they denied it, I got an wc atty (some are good and some are not so good, try to locate a good one). They tend to tell you a lot of good stuff to get you to sign with them, after that it can be hard to talk to them..

But there is no cost to you until you get some settlement $$ or back pay, then they get a % up to a capped amount out of that $..

Sometimes the atty will know some docs that will help your claim and you can go to them.

After denial my atty wrote a letter for all my wc treatment bills to be placed on hold, so I could still get treatment & PT. A few places required my pvt ins card as a secondary just in case.. Then the bills can be paid out of the settlement moneys.

WC is so confusing it is best to get any atty - interview quite a few before deciding to sign with any of them.. then go home and do some searches on them for info.

But they will help you thru the claim process , esp w/ an "invisible" injury like RSIs tend to be..

But check out the TOS forum , you might be able to help yourself heal or stop the damage from getting any worse..