View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 03:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrae View Post
Here's a link to this documentary. Thanks for all the feedback!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-bYi-LkDTo
Thanks so much for posting this Vrae

Wow. WOW. Obviously they don't mention CRPS (who would ) but you can see the potential - calming and repairing the brain, pain reduction, seizure reduction etc are all things many CRPS sufferers can identify with.

I found myself sooooo frustrated that the research side of cannabinoids is so hampered by the 'hippie pot-head' side of the drug, which seems to be used by companies as a reason NOT to look at it seriously as a potential medical drug.

This documentary shouts loud and clear that MMJ could be an amazing medical breakthrough in many terrifying diseases - BUT the THC part of the drug needs to be taken out of the equation so that the medically active and interesting part can be studied properly. The fact that they have a strain so low in THC and high in the active ingredient, which is used medically with great success should surely mean that the doctors can isolate and use just that strain for research, and not get all wound up about the risk of patients getting high....

I find it medically bizarre that this fight is going on - unless you stop and think about the way the medical community works. Just looking at that guy with the diaphragm condition and all the dangerous drugs he used to take makes you realise what is really behind this reluctance on the part of drug companies to look at MMJ seriously. They wouldn't make as much money. If doctors are prescribing ten different strong drugs to a patient to treat symptoms, why would they want to replace all that steady income with just one?

Big drug companies make billions because people are prescribed their products by doctors. Potentially, MMJ could take away millions in revenue from them. Let's not pretend for a second that drug companies would smile sweetly and do what is right for the patients, when it would mean taking a big hit financially. Or that medical practices who have agreements with these companies would just throw that mutually-beneficial partnership out of the window.

Here in the UK it feels even more taboo and many years away from any possibilities.......

I'd try it tomorrow given the chance to use the medical stuff. I don't want to smoke or get high. But the active drug? Yes please.

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-13-2013)