View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 08:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well we learned something new last night. My niece, who passed away last month had been diagnosed as Bipolar years ago and was on Lithiam.

My brother never said a word about this to anyone. It might answer some questions about our son.

He has been EXTREMELY difficult to live with for the past 45 days. He's gone from being scared and paranoid to loud, abusive, arrogant, irritated to swings where he is very happy, laughing, joking and carrying on long conversations. Yet he repeats things several times over the course of a couple of hours. The smallest comments or jesters can set him off into an irritable mood and everything is our fault. He says we are stupid, don't care about him, steal from him, we are worthless, lazy and selfish.

He has called me a lazy, falling down drunk alchoholic.

Truth is we may have a bottle of wine with dinner once a month and maybe buy a six pack of beer once a month.

Now my wife and I are both respectable, professional people. We work hard, we work long hours and we are very giving people. This has become devestating for us. We receive no support from the counselors, doctors, communities or anyone. It is tempting, when he is berrating us, to simply kick him out. But he can't function, has no job, no money, no friends and doesn't know anyone here.

This is just sickening to me.
Ksman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote