Thread: Hanging on
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 11:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Hanging on

So Last night I thought of something. I have been so depressed and angry, and lost. I made dinner for my fiance and daughter for the first time since all this started. I didn't want to do anything. I just wanted to crawl back in bed, cry, and sleep for a week. Especially since my arm is starting to hurt more again....

WHile I put on a brave face for the sweetest girl I know I remembered something. WHen I was about her age (8yrs old) to my late teens my mother was severely clinically depressed. I can remember most of that time she spent in bed, crying or worse. On my sweet 16 bday she was admitted into a mental ward of a hospital for being suicidal. Her therapist had her commited for almost 3 months. I remember sooo many times when I took care of her.

Our roles were reversed for so long. And I didn't help much being a defiant, selfish teenager. However, she wasn't there for so many important events in my life. A play for a church that I was the lead for. A solo in our nationally recongnized choir in high school. For little things that a teenage girl needs her mother for. I remember having to put signs all around the house that reminded my mother to eat, that coffee and ciggarettes were not food.

Thinking back on all of these things, I made a decision for MY daughter. I won't let this pain and depression control me. I won;t let it steal me from the daughter I have like mine was stolen. I still hurt desperately. I will still need to grieve for my lost and broken dreams.

But my life has to go on. If for nothing more than the most important part of my life. My most cherished blessing, my daughter.

I know I will still have moments where all I want to do is stay in bed. But I can't let myself die along with my baby.

Though I am no where near ready, I have to go back to work today. A job I used to love I now dread. I do customer service support for a really cool company. Zulily. They sell clothes for Mom (moms to be) Babies and kids.....it won;t be easy. I got a job offer from my old employer and am seriously thingking of going back. But it wouldn't happen for a few weeks, in the mean time I can;t afford more time off. I still have the reality of bills....ugh so for at least a few weeks I have pretend working where I do isn;t breaking my heart. Fun...

Still The realization I made last night, stands. As much as I would like to hide from the world, I have to go on. For the miggest love in my life. I am blessed and thank God everyday I have my daughter.

Wish me luck today, I hope I can make it through...
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZ-Di (08-14-2013)