View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Stacy,

Wow, you have a messed up TMJ for sure! You poor thing

So the tooth had some decay and that's why the filling was put in. Was it a large filling? Was the decay deep?

To post an xray here if it is a digital xray ... you would have to have the dental office email it to you, then you would post it here as an attachment.

The endodontist may take an xray of his own.. which would be wise as it would be of better diagnostic quality over the copy.

The cold test is when the dentist takes a small piece of an ice cube or sprays a cotton tip with cold ice and places in directly on the tooth. It is normal for a healthy tooth to react to severe cold and then quickly recover once the cold is removed. If the tooth has little to no reaction to the cold then that can indicate a decrease in vitality. If the tooth does not quickly recover from the cold that can indicate a hypersensitivity from a fracture in the tooth or opening in the filling.

Bryanna

QUOTE=Stacy_11;1005874]Thanks Bryanna-

Both TM joints are ankylosed, my side to side movement maybe 1-2 mm, I cannot move my mandible foreward and my opening is 10-12 mm. I have been operated on numerous times, and I keep forming adhesions. I know have dura covering the condyles and cadaver bone in the fossas ( I previously had metal implants & also became ankylosed...disaster).

I am new to this site and do not know how to post an Xray. He printed one for me to take to the endodontist, so I have a copy. That tooth was a vergin tooth. There was no filling.

I am thinking he was speaking of the pulp test. What do they do with an ice cube??

Thanks,

Stacy[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-14-2013), Stacy_11 (08-13-2013)