View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 12:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for all the great advice. I was already taking some supplements but added a few to my list, and am continuing on slowly with the buffalo protocol. Hahaha also, I don't think i've ever appriciated Jack Johnson as much as I do now.

If anyone has significant knowledge on amantadine and its effects, my doctor just recently told me that he wanted me to try it. I know its a drug for parkinsons/flu and I was wondering if anyone has had luck with it.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReWiredKris View Post
Wow, you sound like my older brother. Adrenaline junkie by any chance? ;-)

I was in a bad car accident and aside from feeling like my bell was rung - I thought I was fine. A week later I lost my balance, ability to speak, think clearly - everything changed AND that doesn't follow the bible on "what to expect after brain injury". I was a webmaster, mom of 2 teenagers and going to massage school at night. I never returned to work, but did complete school. Physical activity - man I couldn't even do yoga at the time as part of my curriculum and the ball routines - out of the question (got dizzy and fell off).

Things you can do? I have no idea - you'll need to figure it out as you go.

1 - Know your limits and DO NOT go beyond them. Doing too much can push you backwards and frustrate you further.

2 - Swimming
3 - Yoga
4 - Meditation
5 - Pilates can be beneficial - let them know you have TBI (cross body work helps rewire the brain)
6 - Mow the lawn, or a friend's lawn
7 - Learn something new and push your boundaries in other ways - I learned to draw and never could before my accident.

Did I say don't do too much? Don't do too much.
~Kristy
JDMC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote