View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 02:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much for your response Ginni.
I was only given enough pain medication for the first two weeks. The surgeon had an X-ray done the day after my surgery before I was discharged from the hospital. At my two week follow up visit I was not shown the X-ray, surgeon just said it looked good and would see me end of October.
I went to my primary Dr. who I recently started seeing last year after my and my husbands long term primary Dr. moved out of state. Anyway when I went to see him last week (3wks Post-Op)for the pain and told him about how bad my pain still was and what the surgeon said. I felt he didn't believe my pain and prescribed me Norco 5/325 one every twelve hours as needed. He also had his staff give me some contract to sign about giving me a Narcotic drug. I had to sign it then the staff witness had to sign it then it was signed by the Dr.
After this I lost it and started crying, so embarrassing, but I couldn't help it. I told his office that I would be finding a new primary Dr when they tried to schedule a follow up appointment.
I'm getting so depressed with this constant pain and not sleeping threw the night from all the discomfort.
I had to resign from my job this week which was a real bummer. I love my job and its PT but I didn't qualify for FMLA and they don't have a "light" duty position for me. So HR recommended I voluntarily resign because it will look better then terminated in my file. I'm hoping once I'm completely recovered I will be rehired.
Thank you for all the feedback..
Mom31Marine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-14-2013)