View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 07:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for all the feedback!

There are SO MANY uses for hemp. Some places around the U.S. sell all kinds of hemp products. Everything from clothes to lotions. Just FYI to anyone reading this, you can’t get “high” from hemp. It doesn’t have any THC in it, or such small amounts that there would be no euphoric high if you did smoke it.

There are also many ways to use cannabis. It’s ridiculous that it is a class 1 scheduled drug. I mean really? It’s in the same class as heroin , opiates, etc. IMO alcohol is a far more lethal drug, and it’s in the majority of homes in the U.S. I don’t want kids getting their hands on marijuana , but it’s already available to them almost anywhere on the streets and in the schools, etc. It’s a sad truth.

The U.S. declared the war on drugs, and it’s a complete failure. We sent out the message to other countries that if they didn’t follow suit we would not trade with them. I admire the countries that have decided not to let the US make this decision for them anymore. Like Israel; I applauded their efforts to study the effects and benefits of MMJ.

I guess I will go ahead and state the obvious; I use MMJ. I very seldom need any kind of narcotic pain killers. Is it the only drug I need? No. Does it help with my CRPS symptoms? Yes, most definitely. I have access to a CBD syrup that is really helpful. I am so thankful that I live in a state that is more forward thinking than others. I really believe that if we all stand together on the issue, that is when change is possible. I do believe that other states are slowly coming to the same conclusion. There are at least 20 states that have legalized it for medical use. http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...ourceID=000881

Oh, and by the way, I’m not a hippy. I don’t celebrate 4/20 on the steps of the capital, or anything like that, but I do privately smile when I see the progress that is taking place in Colorado and in other states around the country.

Anywho, that’s my two cents. Thanks for letting me share and have this conversation here.
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (08-14-2013), ginnie (08-13-2013)