Old 08-14-2013, 12:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post re: tos surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by abegins View Post
Hi,
I was hoping someone could share their experiences with their surgery/
surgeons. As far as you get reading these questions will be really appreciated!
Any thoughts about going out of state for a recognized expert-freishlag, donahue,
Thompson? vs locally someone who is a good vascular surgeon at a good
hospital but does about two per month? Or someone more frequently but seems to
be unknown generally?
Any thoughts about the well known surgeons?
Why doesn't Dr. Donahue do pt afterwards while Freischlag who I
saw basically predicted I would need a year of pt afterwards before doing
the other side?
How far apart if you had both did you do it? I have gotten very different opinions
about this.
What was your recovery like especially as far as duration before you were functioning
and as far as pain?
Hi there
I'm a pt. of Dr. Donahues. I live in Nh, about 1 hrs drive depending on traffic. My neurologists thought I could have tos, but he didn't know of who to send me to. I found Dr. D. Myself on the MGH website looking up tos. He runs a tos program. I was almost hesitant to see him cause he looked so young in Pic, Hes about 55. I know Mass Gen. has the best dr s in N.E. I had Lt. Side done in 3/12 he wanted to do my Rt. Side 6 mos later, but he didn't push it, he knew I had a lot of other issues going on. I had peroneal nerve decompression in lt. Knee 12/12 9mos later. Was causing me severe ankle & top calf pain & numbness for 4 yrs. Had surgery scheduled for Rt. Side 2x, may then Aug., which had to be cancelled. Now its on 9/12, which will be 18 mos from Lt side.
I know ill be in good hands, but still scared, its quite the surgery. No looking forward to it. This will be my 8th surgery in 10 yrs.
I? will try to reply soon about ur pt? and recovery. Too much shoulder pain rite now from lifting & cleaning.
Take care!
16rhonda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote