View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 10:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBreeze1257 View Post
Hello, I joined to meet people like myself and hopefully make friends. My life has changed so much since being diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease 7 years ago. People who I thought were my friends turned away from when I was diagnosed. Lately, I am feeling so depressed, lonely and bored because I am a person who craves people in my life. I am warm, kind, caring, thoughtful, compassionate, a good listener and honest. I also suffer with panic attacks when feeling overwhelmed. Hopefully some of you will become my friend.
I have not been officially diagnosed with PD yet. But I KNOW I have it. Too many symptoms to be a coincidence. I am in the early stages of my PD journey. I don't have tremors yet. I have slowed and losing dexterity constantly.
I also feel depressed and suffer from panic attacks. My wife has been extremely supportive once she realized I was not faking to be ill. I think that PD sufferers share some common problems. Namely depression and anxiety. How we deal with depression and anxiety is what makes us different. I personally have let my system to go into anxiety overdrive. And this does not help me at all. I have also been diagnosed with diabetes. And this just added another layer on top of an already overwhelming burden.
I am looking for PD in the Naperville area to talk to as other people don't seem to understand me when I explain to them how I feel.
Thanks and please consider me a friend.
mouka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Thelma (08-14-2013)