View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 11:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I find when my PN is too bad or I have too much pain, doing ANY form of exercise is still better than nothing.

I will use the stationary bike, since it requires no balance and no weight bearing on my legs, less pressure on my feet. I do like to do something that requires those dreaded tennis shoes because as I am finding out, forcing blood circulation to my toes seems to have a positive impact on my feet so that the flares during the night are LESS SEVERE.

I will also simply lift weights if I refuse to actually walk/ride bikes. It doesn't help the night flares much however it still gives me that positive energy boost/serotonin boost that simply makes me feel better mentally.

It is surprising to hear myself saying this. I have been overweight for the last 20 years. I hate exercise. My thyroid issues not withstanding, I simply never had the energy, or where with all to keep pursuing it. However, getting SOME energy back after dealing with thyroid pushed me to try to keep going and having lost 60 pds has motivated me to do it. But....my health, energy, and pain has taken over in the last month and I have almost stopped exercising completely in the last weeks.

It was learning that it helps my pn at night that gives me strength to push on even when want to quit now. I remind myself that 1 hour of exercise may give me a good nights sleep...or a better night.

Happy exercising.

(i know, don't you wanna punch me in the face? lol )
Stacy2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Susanne C. (08-15-2013)