View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 02:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Eve. x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsure81 View Post
Hi everyone - I'm struggling a bit with my symptoms while I wait for nerve/muscle tests.....and I'm scared - from what I've read here, if I do have MG, it seems it must be on the milder side and I'm worried it won't show up on the tests as I have read people having negative tests with seemingly worse symptoms than I have.

I feel bad for complaining when there are others so much worse off but everyday feels like a struggle at the moment and I wondered - does anyone here have milder MG who would be willing to share their symptoms and how they were diagnosed or if they did actually get a diagnosis??

Thanks
Eve.x
Eve,

My name is Fred. I also had very mild symptoms, compared to what i read here. About 4 to 5 years ago, I begin to notice weakness in chewing, drooping eyelid at times, a little speech problem, If I talked a lot, and some problem holding my arms up very long. I was sent to a Nuero, who ran every test, except for antibodies, and was pronounced no -problem, just one of those things.
About 4 years later, my eyelid problem got pretty bad, so I went to an eye Doctor, about possible eye surgery. He took one look at me, and said I probabley had MG. He sent me a Nuero he knows, and one blood test and we knew for sure.
My antibody count was very high, but I know now the count doesn't matter much, high or low. You have it --you got it, regardless oF the count.
So, I am one with fairley mild symptoms, and on Mestinon, although it doesn't cure all. still some eyelid problems.

Hope this would help
FRED H
FREDH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (08-14-2013), Unsure81 (08-15-2013)