Thread: Any ideas?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 05:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

First off, a lot, if not most of us here understand these sensations and pain. It can be devastating and all consuming.
Its important not to panic. I too, have it widespread and doctors are sick of seeing me. Its been 3 years, and I'm still alive. Sometimes the sensations make us feel like were more sick than we are. Keep the term nerve conduction study in mind. Its what got me my diagnosis.
Try to keep yourself occupied and take good care of your mind and body . That app sounds great! There are a number of meds to try, from anti depressants like Cymbalta and Amytiptaline, to narcotics if required. Cold compresses help me when all else fails. Just don't overdo it. Heat tends to make the nerves more active, so its not really advised.
If its any comfort, here in Ottawa Canada, our wait time to see any neurologist is at minimum 9 months. Start with research, and keep that journal , as the wonderful Ginnie mentioned.
It probably wouldn't hurt to start on some methylcobalabin (B12), as you can't really take too much of it.
It can be discouraging as all hell, but fight for good care. Neuropathy is very common-especially in diabetics and alcoholics.
Keep us posted.
lined_in_silver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-28-2013)