Old 08-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by center44 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am new to this and came hoping to find some answers or at least logical thought. About 9 months ago i started having episodes that last for days where my resting heart rate will jump to 125 bpm, and my blood pressure will hit 190/150. When i have these episodes my chest hurts and is very tight, i get sick and vomit rather violently when i stand up for any length of time. Three hospitalizations and a ton of tests i have no answers.

Im on bp meds and a beta blocker to control my heart rate, which doesnt make the symptoms disapperar but rather helps with the severity. Ive been episodic now for three straight days while taking my medications and i feel like im having a heart attack,am nausious and periodically throw up. Hy hr is over 110 bpm at rest. I call the nurse line and they tell me to go to the ER like stat, but ive been down that road and its been the same result. They keep telling me its either anxiety or effects of prolonged high bp. I dont feel anxious and it happens frequently when im calm and at rest......im so tired of this. any thoughts here?
Hi there Center44:

Welcome to Neurotalk.

I am so sorry you have all this anxiety. Here is a link to our anxiety forum:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/fo...aysprune=&f=50

Please do go there and read some of the posts. You might like to join in and share your story.

We are a nice bunch of friendly folk with all various kinds of issues. But we really do help each other.

Here's hoping you find some peace and serenity in your life.

Take care, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote