View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSsongbird View Post
So I had to have a D & C yesterday. I feel horrible. Empty, hollow, and hurt. I should have been about 7 weeks pregnant and the baby stopped growing at about 4 weeks.

One person I have always relied on is my older brother. I'm 30 he's 35. I only have 1 child who's almost 8yrs old. My brother has 1 girl who's 15. We always share what's going on in our lives and are very supportive.

Well, this has devastated me. I think this was probably my last chance at having another baby. My fiancé is much older than me and this baby was a surprise.

The one person I thought I could turn to in my family besides my fiancé (who has been wonderful), is the person who has hurt me the most. My brother kept saying things like, It could have been worse, or at least you weren't that far along. And probably the worst was "It could have been worse, you could have had twins or triplet's" WORSE? I would have been rejoicing if that had happened.

instead here I am my heart feels like its crumbling to dust and I can't stop crying. I don't care how far along I was my baby DIED. Inside of me. and there was nothing I could do.....

I know he was probably just searching for things to say to make it better or what ever. but to me it felt like he was saying it's not that big of a deal. like it wasn't a "real baby" he said something to that effect. Like at least you hadn't felt the baby kick yet. No I didn't I'm sure it can be worse the further along you are. however I was praying so hard the doctors were wrong. I would give anything to feel my baby kick. I know what that feels like, And I am a wonderful mother I would've done anything to keep my baby.

No I keep hearing what he said and how belittling it felt. Like I didn't have the right to grieve so much. Why can't people understand MY BABY DIED.

If you don't know what to say, instead of shoving your foot further down your mouth just say "Im sorry" or NOTHING!

I'm crying so hard writing this....I already felt cheated and now I feel like some people think don't have the right to be so upset. Like I should just "get over it".

Well, I can't. I can barely find the strength to get up and go to the bathroom or to put on a brave face for my daughter. Though I am so grateful to have her.....my heart breaks for the baby I will never hold. Never sing to. Never kiss softy and rock through the night.....

It's almost too much to bear
i hear you and pray your loss be soothed in the arms of
an angel

someone who cares