View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 12:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks so much for the feedback. It means more than you know.

Erika, you are so right. Friendships are very important in a person’s life. They tend to stabilize your frame of mind, and draw your attention away from what is bothering you. I think that online friends are wonderful, even better than real-life friends in some ways. But there is no substitute for a friend with whom you can just hang out. I'm not sure if I remember how to do that.

Unfortunately I don’t really have any of that kind of friend anymore. I don’t have much family, so that doesn’t help. Over the years I have become reclusive. Other than my husband, I really never see or talk to anyone other than doctors or their staff. I gave up answering the phone years ago because it is never for me, and it is better for my husband’s calls for them to leave a message. So when I get down in the dumps, and disappear down my own private little rabbit hole, there’s nothing there to help me dig myself out.

I guess that has to stop.

It isn’t that I don’t like people. It is just that they require so much energy. Plus I’m not really used to being with people any more. I’ve done a good job of learning how to keep busy, and for the most part I am able to keep myself happy.

Well, at least today I’ve done one thing that is a step in the right direction. I signed up for an art class that starts next month.

Sigh. Poor me. It’ll sure be nice when I feel better!
ANNagain (08-15-2013), Debbie D (08-15-2013), Erika (08-15-2013), NurseNancy (08-17-2013), SallyC (08-15-2013), tkrik (08-15-2013)