View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 01:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tranqility Bubble

It is hard to explain to people how bad you feel and that your sleeping or resting and don't want to answer the phone or do anything else.

Since people really don't understand you have to set up your boundaries and explain them to people. I have 4 teenagers and when I was recovering I never came out of my room. If I did people assume you are feeling better.

No problems or headaches where brought into my room someone else dealt with them and Mom was to be feed 3 times a day (this did not always happen).

You will have to explain to everyone that touching hurts, noise hurt, normal conversation after a few minutes is tiring (I set a 15 minute limit, it was hard because I feel I was being rude) but you need to do this.

Make up a chalk board with the written rules so everyone understands and remembers. People really do want to help and a hug would seem quite normal but I am sure they would not if they realize it hurts.

If you can't do it yourself get a family member to help organize it (the helpful hugging ones).

Good luck and it will get better and people will get educated eventually, it is really not very well understood condition.
but not too hard...
MVA March 2012 pcs, post traumatic vision syndrome, convergence insufficiencies, vision mid line shift syndrome, gaze stabilization and vision tracking. Fatigue, headaches and sore eyes are main issues.

Current activities: chiro, massage, prism glasses, vision therapy, yoga, meditation, aquafit classes and rest.....
NormaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote