View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 03:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi ginnie

I would definitely avoid living anywhere that is predominantly cold and isolated. The two in combination are not a recipe for happy days when you have something like CRPS...

I am just starting my third year of this condition, and I can see the link between how I feel and the temperature/weather conditions very very clearly. It might not be the same for everyone, but I know of several people who would agree!

The cold makes everything about this worse for me. I get more deep bone cold pain, I struggle to get warm and keep warm, I find moving generally more painful. The burning increases as the pain worsens, and I then find moving around - which we all know is vital - even harder to do. I hate winters now. Here in the UK, winter means a damp cold that now just makes me feel completely miserable on most days. Cold = pain for me. If I had the money, in a heartbeat I would move to Italy or somewhere with a warmer more stable climate.

Right now it might be August in the UK, but this evening I am cold and hurting. I am wearing joggers, thick socks and a fleece zipped up to my chin. I crave warm drinks and am fighting the urge to put a blanket over me! Just the thought of the coming autumn and winter scares me to be honest. I used to love the crisp cold months, but now I fear them because I can no longer exercise enough to keep my body warm and active and well.

The warmer months have given me a refuge from much of the pain I suffer ten months of the year. But having experienced some relief, I don't want to go back to it! Oh, for the cash to move somewhere warm!!

Sorry for the moan and being so serious

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote