View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 04:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozVolta View Post
Hey Nanoo,

I'm experiencing something very, very similar to you. It's pretty spot on when you described it as: "feels like its kinda drooping or weakening (but physically it's not!)." The way I would describe it is that it feels like something is ever so lightly touching my cheek below my left eye and about a quarter inch or so from my left nostril. It's not nec what I would consider pain. It's just a feeling on barely noticeable pressure being applied to that area. And like you said, it almost feels like it's drooping a little (also around the lower left eye lid). It's constant as well. I've actually had this feeling before (a year or two ago), lasted a few days, and didn't experience it again til now recently. The area of the picture you referred to with the lightning bolt is pretty spot on. Did you ever get it diagnosed?? Do you still feel it?
Glad to hear from someone!
Now, I can give you more background about how this developed. It's always hard to describe these sensations with the right words, and It seems to be changing and moving on my face, and I find myself describing it differently.
Well, it begun with a kind of heavy redness felling low around the side if the neck and over the cheek. This was before it moved closer to my nose and under the eye. Now it's more intense sensations and specific to under the eye and the nasalobial fold (which has physically gotten deeper than on the other side sadly.) . But the redness and slapped feeling is still there, constantly. Sometimes it feels like tiny tiny twitches or like a scratch. I mean... my healthy side, on right side of the nose, just feels more robust and normal. it's crazy. It's very uncomfortable but still so subtle. So annoying and I can't stop thinking about it. It has become a part of life, but it feels like a handicap, holding me back.
I talked to a curator once about this, quite a while back now. She said it was imaginary! I also talked to a neurologist I think it was, he basically did some very simple tests and asked about my hobbies, and that was that. I feel like I have to meet a good doctor and really explain my problem asap, now that I know it's still here and I'm going to ask to Do more tests.

Some speculations: what about stress? What about some sinus problem? I'm always shuffled on one nostril. I dunno.

Hope to hear from you!
nanoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote