View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 05:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookester View Post
Bram,

You mentioned deep bone pain with the cold which is more often a symptom of arthritis or disuse (as well as a sequel to CRPS).. are you taking or has anyone mentioned Celebrex? Celebrex is of great benefit to those with arthritis/joint pain and also acts as a anti-inflammatory which has helped some with the edema caused by the CRPS. I haven't had any ill side effects from taking it so that is a bonus as well. Something to think about if you haven't already tried it.

Another life saver for me during the winter months is my stationary recumbent bike & treadmill. Both vital to my recoveries after each of the 6 hip/pelvis operations and now they have become an essential part of my daily pain coping arsenal. Oh yeah.. and our hot tub seriously the best when I just can't seem to warm up any other way.

Determined to find a way to continue to live in paradise!
Tessa
Hi Zook. I have arthritis in my knees, but I don't have the bone deep pain in my right knee, which has worse arthritis than the L that has the CRPS. The deep bone pain is not uncommon with CRPS from the reading I've done. I was pretty active before the CRPS and still use a stationary bike and exercise generally as much as I can, but can't use a treadmill as my knee is very unstable. I've tried quite a few different meds, but I can't use anti-inflammatory tabs because they gave me stomach problems after a few months, so I elevate if the swelling builds up, and generally I manage it pretty well I think. It's frustrating trying to keep well and mobile! Can't afford a hot tub, and it would have to be a 'pleasantly-warm tub' anyway, as hot water makes the burning worse! Ah the fun and games.....we all cope as best we can

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-15-2013)