View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 01:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Anyone out there with RA and Osteoarthritis?

Waqu'aa (Hello in Yup'ik)

I have Osteoarthritis and lower back/body issues.

For the past five weeks I have been fighting an infection (after some surgery) I have started to notice a pain in my left hand - specifically in the left thumb joint, and index finger joint. I am familiar with the deep bone pain that no pain reliever can touch. I cannot bend either without pain and other than the higher temperature (I am in a flare)

I know RA is not inherited however my Grandmother and Mother had severe symptoms in their hands.

I did not injure my hand and did not strain it in any way. I am however suspecting RA because of the degree of swelling, the pain itself and that nothing I do seems to help.

Does anyone out there have the two conditions? I heard that some new research points to using an antibiotic to combat some of the symptoms - I am on one already.

Thank you
Kim
Life is a series of mountains and valleys, some days we travel up the mountain effortlessly, some days we fall into the valley - what's important is.....we get up and climb that mountain again ~Quote by Julia Diemientieff, my Grandmother....Yup'ik Elder from Bethel, Alaska
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote