View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Frown What is going on here?

About two weeks ago I broke a tooth while brushing my teeth. A couple days later on a Friday I got sic, nausea, throwing up etc. left work. I continued feeling sick for a couple days when I got pain in the right side of my face, my mouth and especially my nose, a burning gnawing pain. I went to the dentist thinking I had tooth abscess. The dentist said I was starting to get an abscess and gave me amoxicillin 875mg 2x day took it for a couple days, Friday pain was unbearable...nose, cheeks, mouth, temples, jaw and ears. Monday dentist changed meds to cephalexin 500 4x day and vicodin 7.5 300mg...prior to this I was taking 600-800mg ibuprofen. I took the new antibiotics every 6 hrs with the pain med, by Tuesday morning pain spread to my throat, couldn't swallow anything, lymph nodes on right side swollen and ringing in my ear. Pain so bad I could not sleep; I was awake for over 24 hrs due to extreme pain...got more meds from PCP hydromet & ibuprofen (liquid both of them) PCP said I have pharyngitis, no pain medicine works to get rid of the pain. I have had sinus infections, tooth abscesses, and pharyngitis before. I have stopped taking the antibiotics due to trouble swallowing (pills get stuck) I have never experienced this type of pain. Has anyone gone through this? How long does it last? Also, although mainly just the right side of my face at times the left ear will hurt also.
Viska67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote