View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 10:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No one should be subjected to being treated as you have been under any circumstances. I say "ditto" to all the prior responses you have received.
Find someone else for sure.

About the age of docs......... some of the "old" ones turn out to be the BEST ones but that certainly was not the case for you. Try checking out the age of the doc before you go in Vitals or Healthgrades or something like that online. You can also check out the "patient satisfaction" reviews by patients that have seen the doctor.

The youngest doc I had ever seen turned out to be the one I had the most contention with after a few years. He finally got smart with me when I disagreed with him and he very sarcastically asked me "How many years had I spent in medical school?" My response was "As many years as you have lived in my body." And that I knew my body at lot better than he did. That was my LAST visit with him.

Find a doctor that will listen.

I give docs a bit of slack as they do see a lot of people that are not what they portray for various reasons, and they carry that with him and tend to have that color their opinions to other patients. Make it clear that you need to be HEARD.

When I was younger, I would have never stood up to a doctor. Now that I have aged considerably, (smile)........ I DO stand up to them and say, WAIT, just one minute, did you HEAR what I said? Do not just move on, walk off, throw pills at me, etc. We are a TEAM and if you are not willing to be my team member, and help me, then I will find another team member. I put my life, health, and well-being in the hands of my doctors and I have come to believe that I DESERVE respect, and help and will not tolerate less.

Wow, that made me sound brave........ no, some times I too get the rush treatment and no answers and all the stuff we have all encountered. Even by some docs that I dearly love and respect. They are usually just having a bad day or very back-logged and I let it go for THAT visit but if it continues, I speak up.

I wish you luck with finding someone and soon. I am so sorry you are suffering.

No matter what YOUR age or the age of the DOC,...... you DESERVE to be treated with respect.

I am so so sorry you were subjected to such treatment by a physician. Yes, get your records. I was amazed at how much erroneous info gets written in a medical record.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AynaDee (08-15-2013), Debbie D (08-16-2013), Erika (08-16-2013), KittyLady (08-15-2013), SallyC (08-15-2013)