View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 07:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambledog View Post
Hi Zook. I have arthritis in my knees, but I don't have the bone deep pain in my right knee, which has worse arthritis than the L that has the CRPS. The deep bone pain is not uncommon with CRPS from the reading I've done. I was pretty active before the CRPS and still use a stationary bike and exercise generally as much as I can, but can't use a treadmill as my knee is very unstable. I've tried quite a few different meds, but I can't use anti-inflammatory tabs because they gave me stomach problems after a few months, so I elevate if the swelling builds up, and generally I manage it pretty well I think. It's frustrating trying to keep well and mobile! Can't afford a hot tub, and it would have to be a 'pleasantly-warm tub' anyway, as hot water makes the burning worse! Ah the fun and games.....we all cope as best we can

Bram.
I also have the deep bone ache from RSD. My doctor has me on Tegretol for it. It seems to reduce the intensity of the deep aching.

As far as weather I'm in Michigan in the metro Detroit area. We have every type of hot, humid, cold, rain, snow, ice. For me the cold makes my RSD worse and the humidity makes my RA worse. I lived in Florida (Broward and Palm Beach county area) back in 9 or so years ago for about 1 1/2 years ( prior to my RSD). I lived through 4 hurricanes during the 2 hurricane seasons. Wow they can be nerve racking and scary! I was working for a PD down there and we had mandatory overtime the whole hurricane and I had to be away from my house until it was over. My parents are planning on retiring in Estes Park Colorado. They have a place there. I've been to Colorado numerous times. They are trying to get my sister and I to move out there as well. We both say no way! I've moved across the country once and if I did it again it would be some place hot without snow! I'd only move again if my sister and young nephew wanted to. She likes Arizona and I like Nevada ( Las Vegas).
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (08-16-2013)