Thread: The Two Sides
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 10:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Answers

Have you ever done any of the following during a "bright" spell?

Taken on projects which were unrealistic?
No, but I have been given projects by my boss that were unrealistic.

Thought you could do things or learn to do things that go beyond human capacity (eg: fly)?
I assume you mean self powered flight without the use of an aircraft? No.

Behaved in ways that are socially unacceptable?
Surely this would be entirely dependent on the social circles one moves in? Shouting obscenities in church on Sunday morning would be socially unacceptable. Doing the same at your team on television on Superbowl Sunday not so. I also really couldn't care less about what society deems acceptable or not.

Behaved in ways that endangered you/others, due to feelings of excessive power or unrestrainable impulse?
Behaved in ways that have endangered myself, yes. Many many times. Speeding, playing with fireworks, drinking too much etc. Due to feelings of excessive power or unrestrained impulse, no.

Done things you'd normally consider unethical?
I do things that others consider unethical on a daily basis. I do not consider them so.

Made excessive purchases, rash investments, life changes, or similar?
Sold everything and moved to a different country in 2002. Yes.

If so, to what degree were you aware, during the episode (as opposed to after), that your behavior was "off"?
I've always known I'm 'different'.

After a "bright" spell, do you ever find yourself feeling any of the following, as a result of your behaviors:

regretful/remorseful
No

guilty
No

ridiculous
No

confused/disoriented
No

How long do your "bright" spells usually last?
Sometimes days, months, sometimes hours.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-16-2013), Brokenfriend (08-16-2013), Mari (08-16-2013), waves (08-16-2013)