View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 12:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Can anyone tell me how the MDA clinic works?

Hi all
I have some questions about how the MDA clinic works. Let me tell my story and see what you think

I was diagnosed in May by Dr Franklin in St Pete via an ER visit and hospital stay. I saw his nurse practitioner in June and was told that he had no appointments open until Oct but I could be seen sooner via the. MDA clinic held at his office twice a month. I did the paperwork and got an appointment. For 8/21.

In the meantime I got the flu and my MG symptoms started getting worsen including new swollowing issues. I called Dr Franklin's office for guidance and to get my mestinon dose increased. I was told I had to be seen before they would do that. I saw the PA and got my dosage increase. I told the receptionist I wanted to keep my MDA clinic appointment with Dr Franklin since I had much more to discuss about my treatment plan. The office staff said they don't have anything to do with MDA appointments.

Today the MDA clinic called and said Dr Franklin's office had called them to cancel my appointment for next week since I had just been seen privately. I could see Dr Franklin in Nov at the MDA clinic. I was surprised and told the medical coordinator that I did not understand this. I was told that my insurance won't pay to be seen so soon. I told her that I would pay cash. I just need to see the doctor. They are calling the doctors office back to check on this.

I am confused and stressed by this whole thing. Any insights?
Thanks
Sandy
sandy56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote