View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 06:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Roz,

Probaly!! My current carer, whilst lovely, just doesn't get food or cooking. I don't eat meat, poultry, eggs, most forms of bread, most forms of dairy and very little that is already pre-prepared. (I have improved on what I eat, now I have carers I realise that being a vegan does make life pretty hard for whoever is cooking for me!). I decided I should really go back to eating fish because of the protein but still.

Leah must have sensory intergration disorder as well! All she eats is red meat, potatoes (chip form), fried rice, bread and occasionally chicken. I don't know how she manages it! It is ALL BROWN! So, presenting her with a menu can be pretty difficult - whereas if you just say chop this all up and shove it through a blender/ juicer is brilliant!!! As I have jaw problems it is also easy to easy to water it down if I am having issues with the thickness of the juice/ smoothy. The smoothy site looks great!! There are some great recipies there! I may actually start taking an interest in food again (perhaps!) after looking at it!. (I just can't be bothered alot of the time).

Ange, Leah will try smoothies as long as she hasn't made them and is more likely to consider them if the consistency/ colour is brown - similar to that of food she eats (she will not touch anything that is green or bright orange or red). I have also found she will eat parnsip crisps if you replace normal ones and don't tell her (but tell her and she will complain of stomach ache for days!). The human mind is a mysterious thing!!!

Love

Frogga xxxxxxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote