View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 06:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Heather,

I am sorry to hear about your daughter, how long has she had the RSD? It does really suck getting it as a teenager, I developed it at 16. The thing to remeber on this site is that we are the ones who have not got better, but for everyone one of us there are hundreds or perhaps thousands who have recovered and have gone back to totally normal lives.

Is here PCP being any use at all? Rogue's suggestions sound good! as does joining some form of support group (Christine).

It is really hard being a teenager with RSD as, just through sensory overload, it makes it hard to go out or do "normal" things because of the fear of being bumped etc and it is so easy to get isolated (of course leading to the pain, isolation, depression cycle).

Will the PCP not prescribe ANYTHING?

Sorry, I know this hasn't been a particulaly useful email - all I can suggest is badger the consultant and try and keep your daughters life as normal as possible, so even if she can't ride if she can help out with the horses or something so some element of normality is still there (could she ride side saddle? I don't ride, so I have no idea!) and your daughter will still be able to interact with others. Distraction doesn't take the pain away, but it definetly affects how you percieve the pain, at least for a moment

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or anything.

Best of luck, love

Frogga xxxxxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote