View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hello Massimo

Our best in reading the MRI is out for a bit. She is sick. I have some impressions, and I am in no way a medical person. I have been looking up spine conditions for a few years now.
May I ask you what the doctor has said about this MRI? You do have some issues. Any time the canal is being narrowed, by herniation, it is a reason for some concern. Most of your MRI says words like "Mild", "Moderate". This is good. It is when the MRI starts saying " Severe" that some kind of surgery is recommended. Surgery is also a last resort, and you don't want to do that if there is any other treatment that could help you. Please do not seek a chiropractic person. This can and does make things worse at times. You need clearance from you neurologist before you did anything like that.

I would get in writing your doctors impressions, since multiple levels are involved, then get two more opinions before you opt for any treatment.

Because so many levels have some degenerative changes, Steroid injections really would not have much impact for you. They are just a temporary fix at best, and can make the pain worse. That was my experience with this kind of injections, and in no way reflects what other have experienced.

What worked for me the best outside of having to have surgery were ketamine infusions. This worked for me for months at a time, and it was not a painful procedure at all. You have to find out who does them, and if you are a candidate for this.

Keep a pain journal, and bring someone with you to the doctors when given an synopsis from your doctor. That friend our spouse, will pick up anything you might miss.

I would also be willing to look up each vertebra level for you, and try to help you learn the terminology. that way when you go back, there won't be anything the doctor can say, that you won't have an understanding of. Research is the best bet to understand all of it.

Our Moderators may know more about the language of this than I do. contact Jo*Mar or Chemar, and I am sure they will help you too.

All of us here on NT will be here to support you, in what ever direction you need to follow. Go get a few more opinions OK? Be good to yourself. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote