Old 08-17-2013, 09:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Lindylanka,

You are right;
the doctor is right;
I am right;
Is there a right?

I am not sure but one thing I can tell you is that nobody seems to really know.

Thank you for this response and the consideration it shows. I really do appreciate it. But right now I want to see if there is a possibility that I may not have Parkinson's, not that that's necessarily better than having it. Maybe what I have is worse! Maybe what I have is better. Maybe what I've been through and what I'm going through can help others in some small way. But being only four days away from the test that may answer some questions I have decided to go for it. Again, I appreciate each person is taken the time to respond, including my doctor. But you asked what was in my gut: go for it!

Thursday night I had the last of my medication but had to make a decision: discontinue only the Parkinson medicine or all three. I have chosen all three on the basis that it makes very little sense to me to continue using a muscle relaxant and a painkiller by themselves. And so, Friday morning I had no medication nor will I have until Monday:
==========================================

JAMES E
MRN: (FON) 000
Schedule
8/16 - Stop Benztropine (COGENTIN)
8/19 - start Potassium Iodide (SSKI) 1 gram/mL Oral Soln. Sig: two drops three times a day for a total of 5 days, start two days before nuclear medicine study
8/21 - MOB3 Basement , Check in Radiology. Come well hydrated.
Injection @12pm, continue to hydrate for 3 hours. Use the restroom when needed.
Scan will be @3:30pm.
Thank you

James Lee, CNMT
Nuclear Medicine Supervisor
Kaiser SCPMG
=======================================

I will post daily anything of interest.

Friday, Day One
nothing out of the ordinary, slight tremor in right hand but nothing significant.

Saturday, Day Two
significant change today, tremor in right hand and arm definitely more pronounced with emotion.

That's it for now. Again, experiences, comments and advice are appreciated.

Jim
I_Got_it_2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote