View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 07:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, in Canada an egg layer lasts two years and then is done also.

Ooooh, we want to get a pair of muscovies for mosquito control and a pair of pekins (both girls?) for eggs.

When the machine was here to do the driveway, we were going to have the guy dig us a quick pond... but the machine was gone so fast that we didnt get a chance to ask.

So, now we're humming and hawing about getting the ducklings. Maybe we'll get them before the pond anyway as I've heard that a baby duck will drown itself because it won't get out of the water if left on it's own and will succumb to fatigue.

Our chickens look like Red Stars. So, they're not great big girls but not small either.

Sometimes we don't have enough table scraps either (not often but it does happen). I do, sometimes, pick up stuff for them at the grocery store where the 'old' stuff is put at a highly discounted price. Usually pretty much anything they have... cabbage, oranges, apples, squash, bananas (they love those too) etc.

Yes, I think you may have a batch of dumb chickens. Sorry about that. The next lot should take care of the fish innards for you.

Knock on wood, I haven't had any type of flea, tick, or whatever issue yet. I'm ready with the info. to get some diatomaceous earth out in their pen though. Our summers do get quite hot and humid. Southern Ontario is known for getting both extremes of weather. That's what makes it fun to live here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_earth

The goat poo is interesting. I've never heard that but was just thinking, the other day... that most animals, if left on their own, will eat a certain amount of poo. And now there's that 'coffee replacer' that is supposed to be some kind of animal poo (meercat?). (Although they probably feed the animals wheat. )

Now that the warm weather is coming out and the baby is wandering around outside without a bottom on (some days ). I've noticed that the dogs just kind of sit around and wait for him to 'go'. TMI - I know... but life with am almost two year old means removal of all clothing in lovely weather. lol

Shrug. At least it's gluten free.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote