View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 04:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlFromNorway View Post
My question is: Does this medication heal or just mask the symptoms? I wonder because I was almost symptom free for 4-5 days after I took the cymbalta (I just took one 30 mg capsule that one time).
It is hard to tell and I know why you ask if it disguises symptoms, because I felt the same.

I think the more important question is, has Cymbalta improved the quality of your life? If it has it could be a useful medication to take on a temporary basis.

Many of the physiological symptoms are exacerbated by psychological symptoms of PCS. Medication can break this cycle.

In my case it has greatly improved the quality of my life, and things are pretty much back to normal. The next step is to withdraw from it in the next few weeks under the advice of my doctor. I suppose only then will I know if I am healed.
PCS following head injury November 2012. Experienced dizzyness, light and noise sensitivity, hypercusis, fatigue, insomnia, migraines, facial pain, problems concentrating, irritability, sensory overload, exercise intolerance.

Symptoms mostly resolved, working full time and I am now mostly better. I wake 6am daily since my injury. Was experiencing daily Neuralgia which was controlled with Cymbalta 30mg, Lyrica 200mg daily. Now only on 30mg Cymbalta.

Last edited by mouse1; 08-18-2013 at 04:49 AM.
mouse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote