View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi fix me up

If your doc. doesn't have some kind of open mind, let the door hit him in the butt, walk out and snub him. Doctors are people, they need to know when their behavior is not acceptable. Picture him naked, and say what ever you want to him. (this stops the fear of talking to someone in a position over you)
Research is critical, when DX cannot be made. Copy the information from the PC, and hand him a written account of what you are experiencing.
When I was in Columbia, I did this trial study. I had access to the medical library there, and did research almost every day to better understand what it was that I had. Kept up with the latest articles from Magazines like JAMA. I got so good at this that I actually taught 3rd year medical students a number of times, what it was like to live with the condition I have. They are training new physicians with a a lot more empathy. My children also attended and got up on the podium, and told them too, what it was like to be the child of a parent in pain.
Your physician should embrace ideas, not shun them. Knowledge is power, power to make choices based on information. No person can make an informed choice about their treatment unless they understand the purpose of it.
Keep going, and find that help that you need. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote