View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 11:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi guys - late to the post, but thought I would chime in on the mmj subject. I am currently transitioning to mmj - and have weaned off almost all of my opiates. I have a unique situation in that I am very good friends with my massage therapist - whose husband runs a dispesery in WA state. Because of this, I have seen and learned about all of the different strains, cannabinoids, concentrates etc.

In response to a couple of comments earlier...I can answer some questions because of how things have progressed in Washington. First, as of now, almost any good dispensery sends out a sample of any product to be sold to a Mass-spec facility called Analytical360. Here the percentages of THC, CBD, CBG, CBN and other cannibinoids are measured - and the info is now often included in product labeling. There are now a large number of plant strains that have increasingly higher levels of CBD, and no detectable THC. Many CDB only concentrates are also being made as well. Anything with high CBD (leaf, concentrates and topicals) are what I use, and has been unbelievably helpful for my allodynia/nerve pain.

As a small side note - CBD modulates THC, and vice versa...meaning in strains with both THC and CBD, CBD dampens the pshycoactive effects of THC, while THC strengthens the pain-relieving effects of the CBD - so my favorite products have as much CBD as I can find, with just a little THC for effect
CoralToe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (08-18-2013), ginnie (08-18-2013), Vrae (08-18-2013)