View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Weening off Lyrica

I have been in lyrica for about 5 years. I take the maximum dose of 450mg. 150mg in am & 300mg at bedtime. I'm really tired if the side effects of the drug and want to be off it. I have tried tapering down but find even missing one dose I'm sick. I can't stand the effects of the drug nor can I stand the effects of going off the drug.
But, I have decided that I really want to be off it so I will have to endure the withdrawal symptoms as they will pass eventually. I feel sick like a flu, headaches, shakiness, crying despite being on antidepressants. I am an RN, and have seen ppl go thru terrible drug & alcohol withdrawal and come out of it fine. So, when I'm off work for vacation, I will have 2 weeks to get off lyrica and get over the withdrawal symptoms. Trying to do it, work & take care if my family is just too hard.
Here's hoping that it all works out.
I'm sorry for anyone that is feeling this same way. But in my opinion, I'd much rather do this, get over it & move on then deal with the side effects of staying in the drug. I have fibromyalgia but I think I can deal with that pain better some other way. Exercise , changing my diet and so on
Cjmshaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dk041970 (08-26-2013), eva5667faliure (09-30-2013)