View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 12:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Migraine from pressure on abdomen -- anyone else?

I have had chronic daily headaches since I was 10 (I am now 50) -- sinus, tension, migraine, and everything else you can think of. I have had all the tests and tried all the treatments, but there is no known physiological cause. I know my triggers and control what I can. But recently, one of my triggers has become extremely sensitive, and I can't find a doctor of any specialty who will even speculate about the cause.

When I wear clothing that puts any pressure at all on my abdomen, I get a migraine almost instantly. And it's the kind of migraine that doesn't respond to any treatment other than knocking myself out for the night with antihistamines. I now wear only loose dresses and maternity pants one size too large (fortunately I am female!) but even that doesn't always work any more. Any position besides sitting up perfectly straight or lying down flat will now sometimes trigger it.

I had a complete hysterectomy and uterine fibroid removed last year, but that didn't make a difference. I can't see any connection with digestion, but I have a just-turned-50-colonoscopy schedule next month that I have a hope might turn something up (the gastroenterologist says this is highly unlikely). When they run all the usual blood tests, everything is perfect. I have seen a neurologist/pain researcher here at the Univ. of Florida who says "just wear dresses."

Does anyone else have anything like this? Have you found a doctor who will even speculate?
hgoldson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
waves (08-26-2013)