View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 05:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default is it epilepsy? where did it come from?

hi all
I am 35 year old woman with previously normal life, no significant medical history etc. Last summer, i had a period of 4 -5 days of increasingly horrid headache, sensitive to light, tired and achey and stuff, and my legs & fingers swelled a bit and i got a rash over my body. my skin was burning hot and i had a temperature for a while there (but not the whole time). i went to GP who did blood tests and said that i was fine and then the symptoms went away. it happened when i was really/ newly heartbroken and very sad, not eating properly & smoking too much etc. 10 days after i went to the GP for the blood tests, i had a seizure. i went for all the tests and had a clear MRI but an abnormal EEG. Then i had another fit 6 months later. now i'm taking lamotrogine. the neurologist says he thinks i have juvenille myoclonic epilepsy because my arms and legs twitch alot in the day, particularly in the morning but can happen at any time. He reckons its always been dormant in me and the stress triggered it. also, if i have that then absences are a part of it too....what is it like to have an absence? I sometimes find myself being starry and find it helpful to pass my hand across my face to snap out of it. is that an absence seizure or just a day dream?
can anybody out there describe what they experience in a myoclonic jerk, or an absence? also, has anybody else had this wierd infection type presentation which came to nothing but later had a seizure when the other symptoms had subsided? please help thank you!!
shinbone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote