View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 06:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Shinbone,
I'm no Dr. but I have a feeling that hormones changing along with stress triggered your sz. Often women will have sz. 7-10 days before the cycle because the hormones are changing and the best thing I found to do for this was to take Diamox 5 days before my cycle started. The infection could also have started the epilepsy or the fever. My best advice for you is to see an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center you can usually find them at big or university hospitals, have your GP refer you to one and they can pinpoint the exact cause of your epilepsy.
Myoclonic jerks are when a persons body in certain areas jerk around and they can't stop it no matter what, think of it as if when the phone rings or something startled you and you jumped this is like a myoclonic jerk except it happens only in a certain part of a persons body.
I've had absence sz. for 41 yrs. and I just have a daydream or staring look on my face but I continue talking to others and doing whatever I was doing I just don't remember. The best example is someone who had a few to many drinks and the don't remember anything the next day. I also used to get headaches and feel tired for about 2 hrs. after this kind of sz. but since I've had brain surgery I don't feel tired anymore nor do I have a headache.
Get a calendar and start keeping track of your sz. write down what time it happens along with a discripition of the sz. and also write down when you start and stop your cycle each month by doing this your Dr. may see a pattern in your sz. and can tell if they are hormone related. Also try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day it has reduced my sz. greatly. If the Dr. does an e.e.g. on you again ask them to flash different color strobe lights one at a time this will tell what colors are triggering sz. for you. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (08-19-2013)